Overview About Kinnaur:- Kinnaur is one of the twelve administrative districts of the state of Himachal Pradesh in northern India. The district is divided into three administrative areas – Pooh, Kalpa, and Nichar, and has six tehsils. The administrative headquarters of the district]] is at Reckong Peo.
The best places in Kinnaur to Visit:-
- Bapsa River: Originating from the enigmatic Baspa Hills, Baspa River exudes charm and serenity. It is surrounded by the snow-capped mountain peaks and is an ideal locale for couples to spruce up their getaway.
- Sangla Valley: Away from the humdrum of daily life and roaring traffic, Sangla Valley is all about lush greenery, rolling mountains, vivacious atmosphere and endless peace. In addition, one can also find temples, forts and quaint villages in and around the region.
- Sarahan: At an elevation of 2100 meters, Sarahan is an alluring hamlet in the middle of the Himalayan landscape. Couples wanting to rekindle their long lost romance can opt for this place to create a lifetime of memories.
- Kalpa: Nestled along the Sutlej River Valley, Kalpa possesses an unmatchable aura and can boggle you with its untouched natural beauty. In the past few years, it has emerged to be a popular choice for offbeat travellers and is slowly coming into limelight.
- Kamru Fort: At a distance of 2 Kilometers away from the scintillating Sangla Valley, Kamru Fort is an artistic legacy and is the reminiscence of the 15th century. It houses an idol of Kamakhya Devi at its top and displays Kath-Kuni architecture.
- Reckong Peo: An abode of Gods, Recong Peo has a rich culture and gives a sneak-peek into the unique Kinnauri Culture. Due to its amazing panorama and salubrious weather, the place attracts intrepid travellers from across the globe.
- Lipa-asrang Sanctuary: Sprawled over an area of around 30.89 square kilometres, Lipa Asrang Sanctuary houses a variety of Flora & Fauna. Kindly note, all the travellers have to take prior permission from the Higher Authority before entering the premises.
- Nako: On the eastern end of the Kinnaur District, Nako is a picturesque village in the Trans-Himalayan region. It houses a high-altitude Lake and an 11th-century monastery.
Kinnaur Valley is one of the most beautiful valleys and one of the 12 districts of Himachal Pradesh. It is renowned for apples and orchards, lovely meadows covered with dense woods and the most adventurous routes that cut through these valleys for a mesmerizing road trip.
What Should I Buy in Kinnaur:- You can shop woolen items like shwals , called as kinnauri shawls..and mufflers from kalpa and sangla market…in kalpa market you can buy some good quality pine nuts..also called as Chilgoza by local public.
Best Time To Visit Kinnaur:- From August to February.